Methods for calculating the number of days
Methods for calculating the number of days between dates determine the notional number of days in a year (calculation basis), the rules for calculating the notional number of days between the start and end dates, and the length of the period on an annual basis. The choice of method affects the calculation of ACI, coupons, and discount rates when calculating analytical parameters.
The method is specified by an expression formatted as XX/YYY. The numerator defines the rule for calculating the number of days in a month, and the denominator is the length of the year in days. Generally, the Actual/365F method is used for Russian bonds, the 30/360 or Actual/365F methods - for Ukrainian bonds, and the 30E/360 method - for Eurobonds. An up-to-date list of applied methods is available in the prospectuses on a Eurobond issue.
• 30/360 German (30E/360 ISDA)
• 30/360 ISDA (30/360) (Bond Basis, 30-360 U.S. Municipal)
• 30/360 US (30U/360, 30US/360)
• 30E/360 (30/360 Eurobond, 30/360 ISMA, 30/360 European, 30S/360 Special German, Eurobond Basis)
• Actual/360 (Act/360, French)
• Actual/365A (Actual/365 Actual)
• Actual/365F (Actual/365 Fixed, English)
• Actual/365L (Actual/365 Leap year)
• Actual/Actual (Act/Act, Actual/Actual (ISDA))
• Actual/Actual (ISMA) (Actual/Actual (ICMA))
• NL/365 (Actual/365 No Leap year, NL 365)
• BD/252 (ACT/252, ACTW/252, BU/252, BD/252, BUS/252)
For detailed description of methods for calculating the number of days between dates can be found in the calculator guide.
Find Any Data on Any Bond in Just One Click
Full data on over 800,000 bonds and stocks worldwide
Powerful bond screener
Ratings from the top 3 global ratings agencies, plus over 70 local ones
Over 300 pricing sources from the OTC market and world stock exchanges
— Are you looking for the complete & verified bond data?
— We have everything you need:
full data on over 700 000 bonds, stocks & ETFs;
powerful bond screener;
over 350 pricing sources among stock exchanges & OTC market;
ratings & financial reports;
available anywhere via Website, Excel Add-in and Mobile app.
You will have detailed descriptive & pricing data for 650K bonds, 76K stocks, 8K ETFs
Get full access to the platform from any device & via Cbonds app
Enhance your portfolio management with Cbonds Excel Add-in
Build yield maps, make chart comparison within a click
Don't wait any longer — start using Cbonds today! Register