Cbonds prepared monthly report: CBONDS GLOBAL MONTHLY NEWSLETTER: ISSUE
STATISTICS AND LEAGUE TABLES for December 2018. The report gives data
on global EM and DM, and selected regions: Asia, LatAM, CEEMEA (and separately
CEE, CIS, Middle East and Africa), country pages for Russia and USA.
Link to download GLOBAL MONTHLY NEWSLETTER: http://cbonds.com/comments/download/195515 (free
access, authorisation required)
League tables are built using Cbonds tool: http://cbonds.com/rankings/generator/ (free access, authorisation required)
• Low market activity was the main feature of
international bond markets in December;
• $17 bn of new international bonds have been
issued last month by EM borrowers;
• 2018 EM region breakdown is as follows: Asia
- 49.5%, Latin America - 18.5%, Middle East - 15.4%., Africa - 6.7%, Eastern
Europe - 6.4%, CIS - 3.5%.
• EM league table leaders in 2018 are Citigroup
($51.2 bn), HSBC ($48.4 bn), JP Morgan ($36.5bn), Standard Chartered Bank ($33.5
bn) and Deutsche Bank ($28.1 bn).
• DM league table (excl. USA) leaders in 2018
are HSBC ($94.2 bn), Barclays ($82.3 bn), JP Morgan ($81 bn), Bank of America Merrill
Lynch ($74.4bn) and Citigroup ($74.4 bn).
• Legal advisors league table leaders in 2018
are Allen & Overy (282 deals),
Linklaters (245 deals), Clifford Chance (191 deals), Cleary Gottlieb
Steen & Hamilton (119 deals) and Latham & Watkins (83 deals).