Baltiysky Zavod holds a monopoly among the Russian shipyards in the construction of surface ships and ships with a nuclear power plant. From the beginning the yard was oriented towards building ships for the Russian Navy. Lately the construction of civil ships has become our prime goal.
Nowadays Baltiysky Zavod has established a reputation as a reliable supply source of commercial ships among owners all over the world. Chemical carriers, floating power supply units, icebreaking ships for offshore oil/gas fields support are the priority projects for the yard.
Baltiysky Zavod is largely self-sufficient and currently employs over 6000 employees.
It consists of the following productions: shipbuilding, marine machine building and metallurgical. Besides, an in-hose Design Center, Material Procurement, Quality Assurance and many other departments support the shipbuilding process.
The yard produces ship's equipment and various mechanisms not only for its own ships under construction but for other Russian shipyards as well.
BZ manufactures marine equipment and machinery:
· steam engines, marine boilers and boiler units;
· shafts and shaftlines (up to 24 m in length);
· ship's propellers with blade diameter up to 8 m;
· portholes, windows and sliding doors;
· marine fittings and valves (shut-off, control, non-return for steam, water and other media);
· foundry, forged and formed products;
· steam generators and other main and auxiliary ship's machinery.
BZ is going on with construction of nuclear-powered icebreakers, a series of chemical tankers, a series of bulkcarrier-dry cargo ships, a series of frigates for India.