Cbonds prepared monthly report: CBONDS GLOBAL MONTHLY NEWSLETTER: ISSUE STATISTICS AND LEAGUE TABLES for August 2017. The report gives data on global EM and DM, and selected regions: Asia, LatAM, CEEMEA (and separately CEE, CIS, Middle East and Africa), country pages for Russia and USA.
• Usually August is a period with low activity on global capital markets and August 2017 was not an exception;
• Borrowers from Emerging Markets last month have issued $19.8 bn of new international bonds;
• Tap Issue of Colombia with volume of $1.4 bn has become the biggest issue in August 2017 in EM region;
• August 2017 EM region breakdown is as follows: Asia 69.7%, Latin America 18.7%, Middle East 8.9%, Africa 2.3%.
• EM league table leaders in 2017 are Citi ($44.4 bn), HSBC ($44.2 bn), JP Morgan ($40.3 bn), Deutsche Bank ($24.8 bn) and Standard Chartered Bank ($22.1 bn).
• DM league table (excl. USA) leaders in 2017 are HSBC ($62.8 bn), JP Morgan ($60.9 bn), Barclays ($60 bn), Bank of America Merrill Lynch ($54.3 bn) and Citi ($52.8 bn).
• Legal advisors league table leaders in 2017 are Linklaters (186 deals), Allen & Overy (144 deals), Clifford Chance (135 deals), Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton (106 deals) and Davis Polk (62 deals).
Cbonds is the leading source of information on fixed income markets of Russia, the CIS and other Emerging Markets.
For over 10 years Cbonds has been providing market professionals with such information as bond database, quotes, indices, market news, comments and research. Cbonds is an independent data vendor not affiliated with securities market players and other news agencies.
That’s why we maintain ive and unbiased attitude when providing comprehensive informational coverage of fixed income markets.