Cbonds prepared monthly report: CBONDS GLOBAL MONTHLY NEWSLETTER: ISSUE STATISTICS AND LEAGUE TABLES for March 2017. The report gives data on global EM and DM (excl. USA), and selected regions: Asia, LatAM, CEEMEA (and separately CEE, CIS, Middle East and Africa), country page for Russia.
Link to download GLOBAL MONTHLY NEWSLETTER: http://cbonds.com/comments/view/163851 (free access, authorisation required)
League tables are built using Cbonds tool: http://cbonds.com/rankings/generator/ (free access, authorisation required)
March 2017 highlights:
• In March 2017 volume of new issues on Emerging Markets has reached $87bln, the highest amount in recent two years;
• Borrowers from emerging markets were rushing to enter market by the reason of rate hike, corporate borrowers have issued $55.5bln of new bonds, sovereign $31.5bln;
• Sovereign emission of Kuwait consisting of two tranches 4.5 bln and 3.5 bln USD has become the biggest EM issue in March 2017;
• March 2017 EM region breakdown is as follows: Asia – 44% of new issue volume, Middle East – 19%, Latin America – 12%, Eastern Europe – 12%.
• EM league table leaders in 2017 are JP Morgan ($21.4 bln), Citi ($18.2 bln), HSBC ($17.6 bln), Deutsche Bank ($11.8 bln) and Standard Chartered Bank ($10.9 bln).
• DM league table (excl. USA) leaders in 2017 are HSBC ($33.2 bln), Barclays ($29.67bln), JP Morgan ($28.5 bln), Deutsche Bank ($25,8 bln) and BNP Paribas ($25.2 bln).
• Legal advisors league table leaders in 2017 are Linklaters (71 deals), Clifford Chance (58 deals), Allen & Overy (53 deals), Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton (39 deals) and Davis Polk (29 deals).
Cbonds is the leading source of information on fixed income markets of Russia, the CIS and other Emerging Markets.
For over 10 years Cbonds has been providing market professionals with such information as bond database, quotes, indices, market news, comments and research. Cbonds is an independent data vendor not affiliated with securities market players and other news agencies.
That’s why we maintain ive and unbiased attitude when providing comprehensive informational coverage of fixed income markets.