Cbonds prepared monthly report: CBONDS GLOBAL MONTHLY NEWSLETTER: ISSUE STATISTICS AND LEAGUE TABLES for March 2017. The report gives data on global EM and DM (excl. USA), and selected regions: Asia, LatAM, CEEMEA (and separately CEE, CIS, Middle East and Africa), country page for Russia.
Link to download GLOBAL MONTHLY NEWSLETTER: http://cbonds.com/comments/view/163851 (free access, authorisation required)
League tables are built using Cbonds tool: http://cbonds.com/rankings/generator/ (free access, authorisation required)
March 2017 highlights:
• In March 2017 volume of new issues on Emerging Markets has reached $87bln, the highest amount in recent two years;
• Borrowers from emerging markets were rushing to enter market by the reason of rate hike, corporate borrowers have issued $55.5bln of new bonds, sovereign $31.5bln;
• Sovereign emission of Kuwait consisting of two tranches 4.5 bln and 3.5 bln USD has become the biggest EM issue in March 2017;
• March 2017 EM region breakdown is as follows: Asia – 44% of new issue volume, Middle East – 19%, Latin America – 12%, Eastern Europe – 12%.
• EM league table leaders in 2017 are JP Morgan ($21.4 bln), Citi ($18.2 bln), HSBC ($17.6 bln), Deutsche Bank ($11.8 bln) and Standard Chartered Bank ($10.9 bln).
• DM league table (excl. USA) leaders in 2017 are HSBC ($33.2 bln), Barclays ($29.67bln), JP Morgan ($28.5 bln), Deutsche Bank ($25,8 bln) and BNP Paribas ($25.2 bln).
• Legal advisors league table leaders in 2017 are Linklaters (71 deals), Clifford Chance (58 deals), Allen & Overy (53 deals), Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton (39 deals) and Davis Polk (29 deals).