Cbonds prepared monthly report: CBONDS GLOBAL MONTHLY
NEWSLETTER: ISSUE STATISTICS AND LEAGUE TABLES for February 2017. The report
gives data on global EM and DM (excl. USA), and selected regions: Asia, LatAM,
CEEMEA (and separately CEE, CIS, Middle East and Africa), country page for
Link to download GLOBAL MONTHLY NEWSLETTER: http://cbonds.com/comments/view/162925 (free access, authorisation required)
League tables are built using Cbonds tool: http://cbonds.com/rankings/generator/ (free access, authorisation required)
February 2017 highlights:
• In February 2017 volume of new issues on Emerging Markets has reached $48bn, 44.7% higher than in February 2016;
• February has become a continuation of the January's bond rush, corporate emitents has issued $39.5bn of new bonds, sovereign $6bn and municipal $2.5bn;
• Petroleos Mexicanos has issued the biggest ever EM corporate euro denominated international bond, the issue consisting from 3 tranches with total volume $4.25bn euros;
• February 2017 EM region breakdown is as follows: Asia – 49% of new issue volume, Latin America – 23%, Middle East – 11%. 82% of new issues were denominated in USD, 15% - in EUR, other currencies – only 3%;
• EM league table leaders in 2017 are JP Morgan ($12.6 bln), Citi ($12.1 bln), HSBC ($10.5 bln), Deutsche Bank ($6.4 bln) and Standard Chartered Bank ($5.3 bln) ;
• DM league table (excl. USA) leaders in 2017 are Barclays ($19.6 bln), JP Morgan ($19.1 bln), HSBC($17.8 bln), Deutsche Bank ($16,5 bln) and Bank of America Merrill Lynch ($15.6 bln) ;
• Legal advisors league table leaders in 2017 are Linklaters (25 deals), Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton (16 deals), Allen & Overy (16 deals), Clifford Chance (13 deals) and Shearman & Sterling (10 deals).
Cbonds is the leading source of information on fixed income markets of Russia, the CIS and other Emerging Markets.
For over 10 years Cbonds has been providing market professionals with such information as bond database, quotes, indices, market news, comments and research. Cbonds is an independent data vendor not affiliated with securities market players and other news agencies.
That’s why we maintain ive and unbiased attitude when providing comprehensive informational coverage of fixed income markets.